.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JP's world

My intimate thoughts. My heart's deepest desires. My darkest secrets. My closet poetry. My biggest fears. My secret life. Welcome to my world.

Wednesday, November 26

Of friendships and concerts

Last Friday, I watched the MTV Asia Aids Summit at The Fort with Ghie and Joy, two of my college friends, and Andrew, Ghie’s younger brother. The show featured several local artists and international pop princess, Mandy Moore. We went there because of her, and when the crowd was swept after her short stint, I figured majority of the audience did.

I was not really a Mandy Moore fan before, despite the fact that I watched two out of her three movies that was shown here and I love most of her songs. But definitely, I like her more than Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. She does not give the slut-impression even if she wears sexy clothes. She has this elegant way of carrying herself. I especially liked her in A Walk to Remember, the movie that was based on Nicholas Sparks’ bestselling novel, where she played a Miss Goody Two Shoes. Well, after seeing her in person and hearing her sing live, I am now a certified fan! :)

Going back to my kwento. We left the concert after her five songs, went to Ayala to eat, then we dropped Ghie’s brother at Baclaran because he’s going home to Cavite. We proceeded to a church in Mindanao Avenue. Our Lady of the Annunciation Parish, if my memory serves me right. You might ask why we had to go to a churh after a Mandy Moore concert. Well, we just accompanied Joy, who visits the church’s adoration chapel almost everyday after office (Tama ba Joy?:)).

We were at the church at around twelve midnight. We spent some minutes of silent moment with God. Afterwards, we went to the house of the ex-girlfriend of Joy’s friend. I’m not in the position to put their first names here since I am not really close to them. Friendster connections lang sila…hehe:) We spent the first two and a half hours of the coming day watching shows in cable TV while waiting for Joy. She was there to settle something. After that, they dropped me at my office/house.

It was one of those Friday nights that will be left in my memory long after it’s over. The kind that brings unsolicited realizations about life, love and friendships. Here are some:

1. Sometimes, it’s better not to cross the thin line that separates friends and lovers, if you want that friend of yours to stay in your life longer.
2. Never associate with or befriend your boylet’s past GFs or MUs, they will bring nothing but conflicts.
3. Once a chickboy, always a chickboy.
4. It’s healthy to go on a girl's night-out once in a while, and talk about boys all night!
5. The Filipinos are suckers for international stars or stars in general.
6. Mandy Moore is taller than the President of the Republic of the Philippines (But she looked like a midget from where we were standing..hehe:)).
7. Nowadays, safe sex, instead of abstinence, is promoted to avoid AIDS (Hmmm…this statement deserves to be a subject of another entry).

Makes sense, doesn’t it?