.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JP's world

My intimate thoughts. My heart's deepest desires. My darkest secrets. My closet poetry. My biggest fears. My secret life. Welcome to my world.

Friday, November 21

Friendster works

Finally! I found him!

Let me start by explaining what friendster is. It is a service in the internet which essentially works like networking. You make your own account and you can maintain up to 500 friends in your group. You can view your friends’ and their friends’ pages and their friends’ friends pages. Actually, you can view the page of practically anyone who has an account. Perfect for people like me who has lost touch with a lot of people who were once part of my life.

I have been looking for him since I started using friendster. I already viewed all the pages of the people who could be connected to him. I even availed of the user search feature several times out of desperation, but still, I can’t find him.

But yesterday, Ghie, my college friend and groupmate in the subject where he was our professor, told me the good news that he found him through her student council contacts and he is already included in her set of friends.

So, I checked his page right away. And there he was, wearing the same smile that used to send shivers to my spine. On second thought, it still does. I instantly felt it, like when I used to bump into him inside the university (or other places outside). I figured it was because the aircon in our office-cum-living room is still on. But no, it was because of him, or his picture, for that matter. I felt stupid for once again letting my emotions rule over my thinking. I can’t explain it, but as the song goes, “I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak …”

Yes, that song explains exactly how I feel whenever I see him or whenever I communicate with him. I get lost when I come close to him, my mind wanders to neverland everytime I get the chance to speak to him. Spontaneity is one of my assets but it seems to disappear when he is around.

Am I in love? Maybe. Maybe not. At this point, I really don’t want to know. More so because he indicated in his status that he is “in a relationship”. I’m just glad that he’s back in my life again. And for now, that’s all I need to know.