.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JP's world

My intimate thoughts. My heart's deepest desires. My darkest secrets. My closet poetry. My biggest fears. My secret life. Welcome to my world.

Tuesday, November 25

My Chaotic Schedule

I can’t seem to fix my schedule lately.

I don’t know if I should be happy or not for the way things turned out this morning. I was supposed to go to Palawan this Wednesday, Nov. 26, for a consultation workshop for the CADT (Certificate of Ancestral Domain Title) application of different areas in the Calamianes group of islands. This is some sort of meeting with the NCIP (National Commission on Indigenous People), the local government units, and other participating non-government organizations. Before this thing was scheduled, I already had a ticket for the Happy 50 TV concert on Saturday, Nov. 29. After the concert, Ting, one of my high school friends, will celebrate her birthday with us in one of the bars at The Fort. But then this Palawan event came, so I asked Wets, another high school friend of mine, to ask Jay, her boyfriend, to cover up for me.

Just a few minutes ago, I learned that the activity was postponed. The new schedule will be sometime this December, which, incidentally, coincides with our office’ christmas party. Damn the organizers! I can’t understand why they can’t seem to make up their mind. Don’t they know I have a life outside my job?! That I have, in my own small world, a calendar of events, that I organize from time to time, to be able to include my work, my friends, and my family?!

You can’t blame me. This is the second time the activity in Palawan was moved to another schedule. The very first schedule was on Nov. 22-24. Then, it was moved to Nov. 27-29. Now, they moved it again to Dec. 18-20. Aaaargh! How can I fix my schedule if they keep on moving the dates?

Well, it’s not a problem anymore, since I already talked to Wets, and she told me that it’s okay with Jay if I get his ticket. Nahihiya ako kay Wets and Jay, dahil syempre, may mga schedule din na inaayos yung mga tao. Una, I asked him to pay for my ticket na lang, kasi hindi ako pwede. Tapos, ngayon, biglang, pwede ako and I want my ticket back. Dyahe, di ba? I know he’s too nice to even think about that and Wets is so close to me I don’t even have to say “pasensya na”. But still, naiinis pa rin ako. I hate it when I set my mind on something and it does not push through. I plan way ahead of time. Malayo pa lang, iniisip-isip ko na yan. Tapos, biglang change of plans, dahil may kung anong mangyayari na hindi ko kasalanan. I know, I know, there are things that are beyond my control. Maybe I’m a control freak. I want things to turn out exactly the way I imagined them and I get frustrated when they don’t.

I really don’t know why I’m fussing right now. I should be happy because I looked forward to that concert and Ting’s birthday. I should even take this as a blessing in disguise. Kaya lang, yun nga, I was set into going to Palawan this week. I even brought clothes enough for one month because I was expecting I would not go home in Laguna this coming weekend. I even convinced myself I was not meant to see Jerry Yan and Vic Zhou in person. Nagulo ang mga plano ko.

It just makes me upset when I plan and some person, thing or event gets in the way. Minsan, parang ayoko nang magplano kasi hindi rin naman natutuloy. Parang mas masaya kapag hindi mo ine-expect tapos biglang dadating na lang.

Haay. Hectic schedule. Signs of old age.