.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

JP's world

My intimate thoughts. My heart's deepest desires. My darkest secrets. My closet poetry. My biggest fears. My secret life. Welcome to my world.

Saturday, April 2


To Calvin (who is crazy about Angel Locsin)

I can count with my fingers the few special men in my life, and Calvin is one of them.

I never expected that eight years after we graduated from high school, we would become this close. I have to give credit to technology. YM and text messaging are the reasons we have this kind of friendship. It’s quite ironic how we are closer now that the distance is greater between us.

He is in Japan taking his Masters in Microbiology. Despite what he always say that he is not sure if this is what he wants to do with his life, I still believe that he is one of the most focused people I know. He plans everything, from his future down to his dates.

We are both Arians. In fact, our birthdays are just a day apart. Maybe that’s why we clash at times. I remember a fight we had in our senior year in high school that started from a petty disagreement and ended in a week-long deadmahan. He keeps on insisting about an incident that involved plastic cups in sophomore year which I honestly don’t remember. He was class president then and apparently, he imposed a rule that we should not use plastic cups when we buy drinks at the canteen. He said I bravely used a plastic cup and even had the guts to show it to his face. It must be true, knowing how palaban I was when I was younger.

We both enjoy traveling. We love entertainment, Philippine showbiz in particular. We discovered recently that we also share a secret dream, to become an artist. I told him that I wish I attended the Philippine High School for the Arts instead. Had I did, I would have been a dancer by now. He said he wanted to dance too and pursue theater arts.

He is currently at the crossroads, along with the rest of us twenty-somethings who doesn’t know what path to take. But I know that no matter what direction he may choose to follow, he will still make it.

Happy Birthday Calvin, may you find what you are looking for in this lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home